On October 27, Ebb Software program put out Scorn’s first main patch (opens in new tab) since launch, model 184.108.40.206. Amongst a swathe of high quality of life adjustments, Ebb additionally tweaked Scorn’s checkpoint and save system, fixing the largest flaw of what’s in any other case a improbable survival horror sport.
I like Scorn, I actually, actually dig it, sufficient to provide it an 80% in my overview (opens in new tab). This physique horror journey makes probably the most of its superior graphics tech, trying like no different sport I’ve performed, and it manages to inform an unsettling sci-fi story paying homage to the mid-Twentieth century masters like Philip Ok. Dick or Harlan Ellison with none phrases. And but it virtually burnt by means of all my goodwill with its horrendous checkpoint system.
Scorn does not allow you to save on demand, as an alternative having rolling checkpoints and chapter/half-chapter exhausting saves. On launch, you can solely load a checkpoint on dying, which means that if you happen to give up the sport and got here again, you can solely entry the far much less forgiving chapter saves to get again into issues.
Along with being fairly user-unfriendly by itself, this technique completely bit me within the ass once I encountered a progress-blocking bug. I glitched out 3/4s of the best way by means of a very climactic chapter with no manner of triggering a dying and going again to a checkpoint. I needed to reload a chapter save (this one did not have a midway mark both!) and redo the entire thing from the start, leaving one in all my final impressions of Scorn a irritating runback of what was in any other case my favourite a part of the sport.
Now? No extra! The patch permits you to entry your newest checkpoint from the load menu. I checked this by hopping again into my endgame save and, would not it, my final checkpoint was proper earlier than that half I glitched out at in my first run. With this QoL repair secured, I can heartily advocate Scorn for any spooky gaming wants you might have this Halloween season.
The patch additionally consists of different bug fixes and QoL adjustments, and we have got the listing in full right here:
- A participant can get caught within the harm machine
- A participant can get caught within the collision after performing a glory kill
- After killing the Boss in Act V, gamers are unable to select up the dropped merchandise
- A participant may die by falling by means of the ground at sure positions
- German localization points
- Spanish localization points
- FOV points on ultrawide screens
- Place of the ammo/heal container when a participant makes use of heal
- Capsule blockers on a bridge
- Act V loading situation
- Crash when exiting the sport
- Occasional NPC freezes
- Varied collisions inflicting points
Updates and Additions
- Eliminated the Proceed possibility after a participant finishes the sport
- Eliminated the Load and the Give up sport choices from the dying display
- Added security examine for a corrupted save slot
- Added Load final checkpoint possibility
- Added Act III-II exhausting save
- Up to date checkpoint positions
- Up to date listing of the Kickstarter backers
- Up to date Credit
- Up to date FSR 2.0 label within the Choices menu
- Up to date positions of sure property